Tuesday, October 11, 2005

be warned, smear test blog....

I will not go into too many details but I had to go to the women's hospital today to have a microscope and other unfortunate things explore me at the hand of an overweight middle aged man (he was a doctor). During this process whilst in a rather vulnerable position in an unaccomodating special chair the doctor, whose hands were otherwise engaged, sneezed. Twice.

Not a stifled sneeze mind you, no attempt was made to re-direct or control the sneeze. This could be the worst possible case of gynecologist etiquette ever experienced.

I thought I should write it down should I ever write a sitcom 'sex and the city' style.

11 comments:

kenandjerry said...

EEEEEEEEEEEEEWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!

spew.
J xox

Rosie said...

yes, ra' tha'

you were quick, are you megacomputaathon studying?

kenandjerry said...

yeah I'm studing, trying to sort out thesis but mostly chatting with K on MSN.

Did you laugh - you might have tensed up and caused yourself some discomfort! HAHAH. You hilarious!

Rosie said...

I didn't do anything but the nurse was like "geez Derek, are you allright there"

Yes, did add to discomfort. Only managed to laugh when I was on my way home.

kenandjerry said...

geez derek is right!

haha that remains the best story of the month, possibly the year. congrats!

Jessie said...

yeah that's just not cricket. poor marks derek.

Anonymous said...

At least he didnt say, 'jeeze your vagina looks alot like your Mother's'.

(Example of a family doctor that is a little too loose with his commentary.)

kenandjerry said...

hahaha.. i am still laughing hours later. i second that it is the story of the year. that will be remembered for years to come. ahahaha

Rosie said...

He didn't even excuse himself. I didn't feel I was in the, er, position, to say "bless you"

kenandjerry said...

isn't this amazing! out of the entire internet/blogging world and all the myriad specks of compelling and vitally important information regarding all the universe and the history of humanity from the beginning of time to right now...your grosso story is STILL the best and MOST POPULAR.

Anonymous said...

WHAT DO THEY TEACH THEM AT MED SCHOOL?

It reminds me of my friend who had a job as a practice person for trainee doctors to do smears on. She had to have like, 20 smears a day. It was fucking well paid but she only lasted two weeks!